Thursday, December 24, 2015

Maybe Baby WANTS to be in the corner...

Hello! Debbie Casale here (my name change is OFFICIALLY complete!!!! SO EXCITING!!!)

I would just like to preface this rant by telling you that I generally am not a bitch. Unless someone fucks with my husband and the people we love, or animals, I try to keep the peace and stay pleasant.  That being said, I am about to sound extremely ungrateful, bitchy, and snobby but it is what it is.


So this year's Christmas preparations have been a little different than usual. Typically, the Mr. And I start super early, around October, and gradually buy things here and there for the holiday. This time around we have been focusing on planning (and paying for) our wedding so Christmas took a back seat. When we got back from our honeymoon we had a house FULL of wedding decorations, thank yous to write and send, and 25 days until Christmas. Between my Grandpop and my birthday, my grandmoms birthday, my moms birthday (yes seriously), work, and just keeping up with daily life it has been tough to get on track with the holidays. We just put our tree up two days ago and Christmas shopping a couple of days before that. Needless to say, our endless supply of Internet goodness was not an option so we had to get our hands dirty and shop it stores (gulp).

Our routine has been that we shop together for our family and friends and it has been a lot of fun for us traveling to different stores and picking things out in person! The trouble comes in when we divide to conquer. It is as if the MOMENT Pat is not by my side, every skeeze in the world takes that as an invitation. Um, no. Case and point, I dropped into Kay jeweler to pick up some jewelry cleaner for my rings tonight and some guy says "I'll be right with you baby" BABY?! Hey dirtbag in the oh so cool Darth Vader Christmas sweater, if you want to hit on chicks you should probably not be working at a place where people go to purchase engagement rings or items to clean their wedding bands.  After I told him not to call me that, he gave me SUUUUCHHHH a 'tude and made sure to say "Ma'am" after every sentence in a very sarcastic and obvious tone. I wasn't nasty, I just said not to call me that which obviously is awkward but why do I have to sit back and let guys think they can "sweetie, baby, cutie, beautiful" me? I decided I shouldn't be the one uncomfortable. Whatever! Your (meaning his) attitude doesn't bother me as long as you know I AIN'T YO BABY. Rewind about 5 minutes to another store where I was picking something up for Pat. Not in the store for 10 seconds when I hear the irritating voice of some asshole, "hey beautiful, can I help you with something?" Tell me something, what ever happened to "Can I help you miss?" Simple. To the point. Doesn't make me want to leave the store. Or better yet, leave me alone and I'll find you when I need your help. These were not the only two times tonight this happened.  Let's go back to last night. A MALL COP as I was passing him "hello beautiful" SMH. See, I told you I was going to sound like some uppity, self involved, bitch, but I swear I'm not. I just don't enjoy that kind of attention from strange guys. Our family or friends, that's fine! But not some random. I had a pleasant conversation with employees at another store tonight where they knew how to talk to customers. Now I know that some girls may be flattered by the former examples but I am entirely satisfied with the attention I get at home and I don't need it from slimy sales people/group of guys passing/mall cop..

It would be less irritating if it weren't MULTIPLE times every time Pat and I go our seperate ways. And I know that is how some sales people approach everyone, it isn't just me or anything, I am not being vain and thinking that at all.  It is just the sheer volume of times it has happened over the last week. Just have some manners and treat each other with respect please. And if you are going to make comments like that. At least look for a ring first? And this goes both ways ladies and gents.

I know they say "nobody puts baby in the corner" but you can go ahead and leave this baby in the corner to shop in peace.

Happy shopping!

Love,
Debbie "happily married and don't need yo shit" Casale
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Let us know what you think! We love talking to fellow adventure lovers!